Glencoe Key Clubbers after a weekly clean up! They assist the custodians in emptying and rebagging trashcans every Friday after school.
I, Lieutenant Governor of Division 65, officially call this DCM to order on April 21, 2013 at 1:11PM.
Surprise Assignment: All secretaries in attendance must take meeting minutes of the DCM and turn into firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aloha: Rae Kuhlman, Alice Li, Savannah Ernst, Miranda Leonard
- Beaverton: Karen Nguyen, Josh Estes
- Century: Melanie Chan, Jenny Ho, Courtney Her, Hillary Le, Kristine Catimbang, Bryce Canete, Monica Sek,
- Forest Grove: Trevor Vandercoevering, Larkin Moss, Allison Davis, Shelby Thurman
- Glencoe: Leslie Senekham, Micah Annis, Jessica Debord, Jeremy Chu, Leena Sihanpanya
- Hillsboro: Christina Kim, Marley Swanson, Allie Knoch, Briana Vega
- Jesuit: Chris Harrop, Caleb Bacos, Matthew Xu, Marvah Gorlorwulu
- Southridge: Annie Cao, Betsey Quitugua, Katie Chanthakoun, Ik Hoon Jung, Winnie Lee
- Sunset: Jennifer Lo
- Westview: Cindy Chou
- **Note: Some people arrived late/did not fill out attendance sheet
- Special Guests: Dick Thurston (Westview Kiwanis Advisor) & Katie McAnnis (Division 64 Lieutenant Governor)
Introduction: Around the room, name, school, position.
Icebreaker: An experience from Key Club around the room
Officer Retirement: Commend all outgoing officers. Your job isn’t over yet, you must now train your incoming officer in order for him/her to fulfill their position.
Officer Induction: Congratulations all incoming officers. Description of each position and duties to fulfill.
- Editor: the voice of the club, communicates to the rest of the school through newsletters about activities within key club
- Treasurer: oversees finances of clubs, collects money for dues, pays early bird due fees
- Secretaries: keep careful and accurate record of activities and meetings of the club including meeting minutes, club attendance, volunteer hours, club registration and sign up, reports back to district and LtG through monthly club reports
- Vice President: understudy of the president, takes on responsibility of president in case of absence or incapacity
- President: highest authority and heaviest responsibility, leads club meetings, consults with other officers, maintain the values of KCI
Officer Training: Officers were trained on their positions, mainly the secretaries and treasurers. Further officer training will commence over the summer. Any questions on jobs and responsibilities, contact LtG. Christon Senekham on facebook/email.
Divisional Dance Planning: Tentatively set for Century High School, June 14th, 2013 8-11PM. Non-Formal/Casual. Open for non Key Clubbers, w/ school ID. $5 entrance fee
- Theme Ideas:
Galactic Get-Down, Hawaiian, Midsummer Night’s Dream, Mario Party 65, Sock Hop, Sadie Hawkins
- Fundraiser: The proceeds from the dance will go towards Project: Eliminate
- Divisional Gear: Continuation of “WE SO FLY” design. Crew Neck Sweaters, T Shirts? - so all key club members can have some sort of divisional gear. - Must buy in bulk for best price. //Possible T shirt design contest for new divisional gear?
- Division 65 Spirit: Plan for BIG attendance at Portland Rally - win spirit stick, grow divisional social media
- Division 65 Bonding: Have more divisional bonding events to create a closer linked division, joint club projects
- Fundraising: Place more emphasis on fundraising for the 3 sponsored causes, UNICEF, Childrens Miracle Network, March of Dimes, and District Governor’s Project.
- DCON: 65th Annual District convention - mandate all clubs to apply for awards and scholarships. It’s Division 65’s year to represent.
Surprise Announcement: Katie Chanthakoun, president at Southridge High School recently applied for the position of District Communications Director and was appointed the position. - her responsibility is to run the PNW Key Club facebook page and also the Key Club website.
- Tumblr page: www.wesofly-sixtyfive.tumblr.com/ follow for divisional updates. Members will be able to update the divisional page. Keep it Key Club/Division 65 related!
- Instagram/Twitter: hashtag pictures from key club events #division65 #div65 #pnwkeyclub
- Facebook page: Join the divisional facebook page “division 65 key club - awkward turtles!” for updates and alerts within the division
Newsletter: read my monthly newsletters at: http://issuu.com/division65
DCM: Presidents and Secretaries are required to attend DCMs, but large attendance of all members is always better
Group photo to be taken outside after the meeting.
I, Lieutenant Governor of Division 65, officially adjourn this DCM on April 22, 2013 at 2:22PM.
The next DCM will be held at the Beaverton Community Center (near the Beaverton library) on April 21 from 1:00-2:30PM.
-icebreakers -officer retirement/induction -officer training -divisional planning
Join in on the fun, it’s going to be a party!
Even after #dcon we still be reppin #division65, #awkwardturtle love. I love my key club second family<33 @jae_ehn @flylikeanostrich
DCON was SOMUCHFUN. That is all.
PNW DCON 2013 was the best experience ever! Probably tops off DECA State this year! I seriously miss it already, I feel like I might even cry.. Miss everyone and the atmosphere of the convention so much:/ Pics from the starting journey on the bus, our arrival in spirit gear at the hotel, and in my natural habitat.